Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lazy Blog, Ganking a Survey

I woke up early this morning to get one of my car tires fixed. Then I spent four hours shopping with Matt for Rachel's Bachelorette Party present. We're both indecisive, dwaddling, shoppers. After three hours the only thing we'd bought were soft pretzels which were the best pretzels ever (because we were both starving and had to pay money for them)! An hour later and back to the same mall we started at, I bought something but Matt didn't. I wanted to beat him, but I couldn't since I was equally responsible (if not moreso) for spending so much time out. Regardless, we did have fun, but now I'm exhausted. So I read Emily's blog, copied her survey to post here.

Current Book(s): I am almost finished with MockingJay by Suzanne Collins. It's the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy. It's in a weird spot where a lot of activity is occurring but the plot isn't exactly moving forward. I go back and forth between admiring and disliking the main protagonist, Katniss. I can't exactly go into much detail for risk of spoilers. I will say the series definitely lives up to the hype. Book 1, The Hunger Games, will take your breath away.

Current Playlist: I'm going through my goth girl phase right now. I've been going through a lot of Indica, a Finnish, female, Fairy/Goth, Rock-Pop group. Add to that the symphonic metal band Nightwish (also Finnish and how I discovered Indica). Kalafina, a Japanese female vocal group. The latter isn't exactly goth per say, but many of their songs have a gothic/dark feel to them and are used in gothic/horror animes. I have a love for these groups fusion of symphonic music with rock/metal/pop and the narratives within the songs.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: The Snuggie. Stupidest thing ever. I constantly made fun of until my stepmom gave me one. Now I love it! It's made of cheap fleece and as the commercial says, it's a just a blanket WITH SLEEVES. I'm always cold and the Snuggie is perfect when I'm sitting in the living room reading or on the computer because I can wrap it all around me and still use my hands without having to give up any warmth.

Current Color:
That I'm wearing? Blue, but if I could change this snuggie to purple I would.

Current Drink:
Nothing at the moment...until I make Dustin get me a glass of water.

Current Food: SUSHI! We went to Oishii on Bardstown today and tried the fruit roll; it was a roll stuffed with fried banana and avocado, with mango, strawberries, and eel sauce on top. A-MA-ZING.

Current Favorite Show: Glee, hands down. The music, the awesome one-liners from Brittany, fun, and hyper-realism all combine to make the show one of the best shows ever.

Current Wishlist: More money; simple as that. It's rough being on your own with a just above minimum wage job (albeit one I love) and having multiple bills; then there are those unexpected problems.

Current Needs: Once again, money.

Current Bane(s) of my Existence: Grad School & Finances.

Current Celebrity Crush: Kevin McHale & Matthew Morrison (Artie and Mr. Schue from Glee)

Current Outfit: Black yoga pants, gray and purple Tokyo Pop t-shirt, and a blue snuggie.

Current Excitement: St. James Art Fair and Rachel's Bachelorette Party!

Current Link: Smart Bitches Trashy Books - a really awesome blog that discusses romance novels from a couple smart and hilarious "bitches." The Help A Bitch Out feature is always a great read. Their book reviews are handy for navigating the vast world of romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment