Monday, September 7, 2009

She's Got Her Head Up in the Clouds...

Skye Sweetnam's song "Sharada" always makes me happy for some reason; it reminds me a lot of myself. My friend Sutton once said, "If anyone truly marches to their own drum, it's Lan." Then my friend Matt added, "It's more like 20 drums, like her own percussion section." I love this amv which uses this song for the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It says everything about the main character, Haruhi, which in some again reminds me of myself. She's always looking for the extraordinary things and frustrated with everyday life because it's boring. She doesn't really know how to be normal, nor does she care. However, she's much more aggressive than I am and has much wilder adventures in her such for the supernatural and unknown. My favorite line is during the first day of class when she announces to everyone, "I'm not interested in ordinary human beings, but if any of you are aliens, time travelers, or ESPers, please come see me." I haven't watched all the anime series yet, and I just won the first volume of the manga in a contest. I do enjoy it what I have seen. I know it's wildly popular, and I can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment