Sunday, September 27, 2009

Play Day!

My first real play day since school started. I asked off from work, so I could go to a cook out in Shelbyville with Dustin's family. I met all his aunts and cousins. I must admit they are pretty, white trash HOWEVER they are nonetheless VERY GOOD, NICE people. His aunts, cousins (almost all are 34+ women), and grandma all smoke like chimneys and drink cosmopolitans. The uncles just kind of stand around awkwardly and talk to one another. Except AJ, whose very comfortable with all the women, and equally as white trash. I guess I should rephrase and say, they're just very Kentucky type, southern people is the most tactful way to describe them. I find them hilarious and so much fun. However, I am a little worried about how they're going to mesh with my slightly conservative Asian family, especially my slightly snobby, uppity aunts on my mom's side, at our wedding (whenever that happens).

I'm feeling so sick from all the food I ate today. At the cookout, I ate a brat, bacon & cheese burger, and a piece of pineapple upside down cake. Despite being raised in the South (NC, SC, KY --though it's techinically a border state), I'm not a fan of most Southern food.  I just can't stand the taste of potato salad, canned greenbeans, most types of pasta salad, and deviled eggs. It's not a salad if it doesn't have greens and involves mayonnaise. On the way back to Louisville, Dustin and I stopped by Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen; I ate orange sherbet & got a buttercream cupcake to take home; Dustin got banana ice cream--both were super delicious. Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen--yet another place I could write an ode about.

When we got home, I passed out and slept for three hours; I blame the allergy medicine. I woke up, and we went to the Granville for my friend Sutton's 23rd birthday. I was starving when I woke up, so I ordered chicken strips and cheese fries at the bar. Those cheese fries were the most delicious cheese fries in existence and tasted even better dipped in ranch. I believe they are largely responsible for the current ill state of my stomach. I'm not used to eating overly cheesy, rich and fried foods. I tend to overindulge when I do and end up paying for it. Totally worth it though!

Today was a just a really great day. First, one I've had in a while. I got plenty of sleep, I didn't have to work, then go out. I just have been out of the apartment pretty much all day. I think I've really socializing with my friends outside of class and work. My head's been clear all day; I haven't been stressing over homework or grumpy about events at work. Just a little socialization helps me focus better and be productive.

Right when I got home, I had the cleaning mania. I scooped the litterbox, cleaned the bathroom sink and tub, swept the bathroom floor, pulled out all the trash so Dustin could take it out, and cleaned out the fridge. I did it all in an hour and a half max. Now, I'm feeling kind of tired and ready to crash. I wish my stomach was feeling better; I took two pepto, but it's not helped yet. I'm just going to brush my teeth and go back to cuddling in bed with Lily (my kitty) and Dustin.

4 comments:

  1. So we are back to wanting to have a wedding! Hooray! hehe

    Man I love southern food. Potato salad has to be my favorite! How come I didn't know this about you!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the Southern food!!! And I miss Homemade Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen...and my Lan! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went on cleaning mania on Saturday! I even put up my halloween decorations. I can't wait to get a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a way for you to remove that twitter box that pops up over your blog asking me to sign in? It's kinda annoying. Has anyone else mentioned it. lol sorry, it just make is difficult to read and reply to your posts.

    Anyway you totally can get the kitty condo. I scored it off ebay, brand new with free shipping for like $65. That's a total steal. It would fit perfectly in a small corner, it's really not wide it's just really tall!!

    Take care, I look forward to reading more of your posts. If the twitter box stays out of my way. lol

    ReplyDelete