Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowy Blog

First big snow of the year! The day started off rough, as my residential roads were mostly cleared though with tons of slush in the middle. I almost hit another car because the turning lane I was in had not been cleared very well. I wasn't driving very fast and tapped my brakes but it didn't slow me down. My car kept sliding forward, and I was freaking out, worried I was going to hit a truck in front of me. I pulled my car around, thinking I could turn into the gas station I was trying to get to. Thankfully, I managed to get in the median, and stop right in front of the light next to the truck. I was at a stoplight and there was no oncoming traffic. I was very relieved, though I called Dustin freaking out for like ten minutes.

Work was very boring and slow. Surprised we were open due to the snow, especially since we had no shows going on. Downtown roads were immaculately cleared, so I guess that's why. I got to leave early though. Going home was much less stressful than going to work.

Sending in my resume for a "big girl job" at an insurance company where Dustin's mom works. Hopefully, I'll be able to get at least an interview. I'm not putting all my hopes into getting this job, but it'd be nice to at least score an interview for a "real" office job and even better if I actually got it. Nevertheless, I'm not in a hurry or eager to give up my super awesome current job at the KY Center. 

No work tomorrow! I'm making plans to go sledding with my friends Leslie and Kristi. Then I have traffic school at night. Bleh. Oh well, at least I get to have fun before hand. Plus, I don't have to worry about watching my speed when I'm sledding.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's the compromise with jobs -- the insurance company job would probably pay better but be no where near as exciting or fun as your current one.

    I want to go sledding! I don't have a sled and everytime it snows, it starts to melt after a day or so and before I can get a sled.

    ReplyDelete