Friday, November 5, 2010

Weddin' Timez - SO EXCITED!

NaNoWriMo is going...slowly...but it's going. However, it's being put on hold this weekend because my friend, hetero-life-mate, and former college room mate Rachel is getting married on Saturday! So excited! I'm a bridesmaid (first time). We're headin' out bright and early to get to Owensboro by 10:30 to help decorate the reception site. Rachel and her mom already finished decorating the church. I'm very glad that Owensboro is an hour behind us because otherwise we'd not be getting there on time.

Gotta get my tires aligned before we leave tomorrow, wait for my friend Matt Tobbe to be prissy and fuss for 30 minutes with his hair (and then the whole 2 1/2 hour car ride), get gas, stop for food somewhere, and get lost because the road signs have been knocked down and not replaced. Maybe somewhere along the way we'll see another beaver-cat; Cassie insists it was a prairie dog, but I know better. Hopefully, Rachel took our advice to make driving easier; we insisted Rachel mark every turn with a hay bale, decked in blinking lights, with a regular sized Easter egg. Very efficient idea no?

I am making Dustin drive on all the windy back roads. Funny enough, it's faster to drive through Indiana to Owensboro than through KY on Western KY Pkwy. I'm going to try not to worry about Lily over the weekend. We're leaving her plenty of food and water; our friend Brett, who lives across the road, is going to check up on her. This weekend is all about Rachel and having a good time! First time in forever all our college friends will be together in one place to have a huge party! Again, cannot stress how EXCITED I AM! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!

Here's Rachel in the middle with the bridal crew (missing two: Leslie and Kristi); It goes me, Mary (Rachel's sister), Rachel, Cassie, and Matt. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wedding times are fun! I hope you enjoy your weekend and don't stress, just make it a beautiful day for Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!!!! Tell Rachel congrats for me!

    ReplyDelete